1. 1. Each student will learn the safety rules pertaining to the Rock Wall
2. 3. Each student will learn how to change direction while climbing.
3. 4. Each student will learn the proper way to spot another climber.
4. 5. Each student will learn different ways of climbing.
Topic (Day 1) Safety rules and rock wall safety check
Teaching Cues: 1. Wiggle the handholds
2. Check different handholds
3. Check handhold before putting weight on it.
Opening Activity Safety rules
The instructor explains the safety rules for climbing the rock wall
1. The instructor shows the students the brown line on the rock wall and tells the students that no climber’s feet should ever go above that line.
2. A teacher must be present while any student is climbing the wall.
3. Safety mats must be in place at all times while a climber is climbing the wall.
4. All jewelry needs to be removed before climbing. This will ensure that nothing can get caught and cause someone to fall or get hurt.
5. Always step off the wall, never jump off the wall.
6. Nobody is allowed to climb over or under another climber.
7. All climbers should be one panel apart from each other.
8. After you have completed your climb step off of the mats, move off the mats immediately. This way if someone does fall they will not fall on another person.
9. Report any loose hand holds or foot holds to the instructor. If you see anything that is damaged report is as soon as possible to the teacher.
10.Show the students how to do a safety check on the wall. Everyone lines up in a line and checks the hands holds by wiggling them to see if they are loose. If a hand hold is loose they must report it to the teacher so that it can be tightened
Day 2-3: Climbing wall and rope climbing fundamentals Day 4-6: Fitness Circuits & FITT principle Day 7-9: Fitness Games
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.